WorkMarket Community Guidelines: Clients
WorkMarket is a freelance management system that brings talented clients and workers and together to make the process of getting work done easy, efficient, cost-effective, and scalable to your business needs.
WorkMarket’s Community Guidelines address the responsibility and accountability of our community members to each other. We want to maintain a professional, transparent, and enjoyable marketplace for both clients and workers and. Thank you for joining us in this effort.
- Be transparent. Provide clear and comprehensive assignment descriptions to ensure you are engaging the right talent to complete assignments to your standard.
- Utilize WorkMarket tools such as groups, tests, requirement sets, and other data features, to choose the Workers that will best fit the needs of your business.
- Communicate with your Workers utilizing the platform tools. Messages are a great way to address questions and/or add notable events related to your assignments. Be sure to answer your Workers’ communications in a timely manner.
- Approve and pay assignments in a timely manner (unless pending an escalation or dispute). 
- Manage your Scorecard. Your Company Scorecard is a summary of the ratings you receive from your Workers. Average approval/payment timeliness and satisfaction rating are available on your profile and will be transparent to Workers.
- Escalate to WorkMarket when necessary. We encourage Clients and Workers to communicate directly regarding assignment disputes, but in the event, communication cannot be made or disputes are not resolved, WorkMarket provides an escalation process to both Clients and Workers.
We ask that your review and understand our policies, including the WorkMarket Terms of Service and WorkMarket Community Violation Guideline (see below), before you create, assign, or pay any assignment.
 If you, the Client, need to cancel an assignment with <24 hours’ notice, you may choose to compensate the Worker a cancellation fee.
 WorkMarket has an Escalations Team dedicated to support Clients in the event of an issue during the assignment process. To escalate a case, please utilize the ‘Escalate’ option from the assignment's gear drop-down and provide the details of your escalation including the anticipated outcome. The Escalations Team will open a case, track communication and progress, and provide you with timely updates from start to finish. Escalations can include (but are not limited to) an abandoned site, no call/no show, failure to return equipment, payment dispute, circumvention of the platform, failure to upload deliverables, and unprofessional conduct. Please note that the escalate feature may only be utilized for assignments that have occurred within the past 60 days.