WorkMarket partners with Sterling Talent Solutions to provide background checks (US & Canada) and drug tests (7 panel, US only) for our users.
Background checks include -
- Country criminal record search
- State criminal record check
- Federal criminal record search
- Sex offender registry search
To speak to a representative with Sterling Talent Solutions, please call 1-800-853-3228 option 7
Frequently Asked Questions
- How long does a background check take?
- Can I get a copy of my background check results?
- Can I list an outside background check/drug test on my profile?
- What does the background check search for and how far back goes it go?
- The 14 day window to complete my drug test has passed, what do I do?
- I failed my background check/drug test, will clients see this on my profile?
How long does a background check take?
Background checks take about 2-3 business days on average to complete, but may take longer
Can I get a copy of my background check results?
Yes, you can request a copy of your results from Sterling Talent Solutions, please call 1-800-853-3228 option 7
Can I list an outside background check/drug test on my profile?
Due to privacy and security concerns, we do not accept documentation for background checks or drug tests performed outside of WorkMarket. All screening requests must be entered through the platform.
What does the background check search for and how far back goes it go?
For details on what is specifically included in a background check, please download the scoring grid attached at the bottom of this article.
The 14 day window to complete my drug test has passed, what do I do?
You have 14 days from the date you make the request to complete your drug screening. Once this window has closed, your request will be voided. In the event that you are unable to complete your screening, please reach out to support at 212-229-9675 option 3 for assistance.
I failed my background check/drug test, will clients see this on my profile?
Since screening requests are not required and are submitted at user's discretion, all results will be posted to your profile. To open a dispute of the results of your screening, please contact Sterling Talent Solutions at 1-800-853-3228 option 7. Should the results change, Sterling will let us know and we will update them accordingly.
For more information on background checks and drug tests, please refer to our Terms of Service